The BELLIN Security Promise
Bolting down cyber security risk
Attacks by cyber criminals have soared to record levels. Innovative and robust security technologies can be used to combat this threat. As a global leader in web-based treasury software and services, BELLIN has made client security its number one priority. Our measures to counter online threats and internal fraud are subject to external audits that ensure we meet the highest security standards. We don’t use third parties to manage our clients’ data. The servers that make up our cloud are 100 percent owned and operated by BELLIN.
Whatever the size of a business – be it a multi-national corporation or small or medium-sized enterprise – tough questions have to be answered to ensure security systems are watertight:
- Where are my vulnerable points of failure?
- What should be my priorities when combatting cybercrime?
- How can my treasury provider make my systems secure?
Hackers always target the weak spots in an online system. The BELLIN Security Promise bolts down risk holistically, covering people, technology and governance. This three-pillar approach counters all the potential threats to online security, ensuring that there are no weak points in business-critical architecture. Our clients can focus on their business and stay ahead of the competition with state-of-the-art systems that stay out of the clutches of cyber criminals.
We know people are the backbone of every successful business. We facilitate the deployment of state-of-the-art authentication tools to ensure that only authorized employees have access to business critical systems and data.
- Our two-factor authentication for tm5 provides clients with the highest levels of security while also facilitating the configuration of Windows Authentication when the software is deployed to a customer’s network. Our clients enjoy an added layer of two-factor authentication security on their handheld devices with the BELLIN Connect app.
- Clients that choose BELLIN as their cloud service provider can implement single sign-on (SSO) technology that supports a variety of authentication methods. SSO can be used exclusively or in conjunction with existing user name and password requirements.
- Our dedicated team of security experts keep a watchful eye on BELLIN’s cloud-based servers, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Our data centers have a suite of security measures in place, including man-traps, closed-circuit television (CCTV) and stringent security card systems that restrict access to authorized employees.
- The plethora of online threats that have emerged makes it vital for corporations to deploy holistic technology solutions that ensure effective system security.
- We offer single-tenant or multi-tenant software-as-a-service (SaaS) infrastructure for customer flexibility.
- Access to our network is ring-fenced with enterprise-grade firewalls and intrusion prevention systems. Network access to the TMS is protected by 256-bit encryption.
- Our servers are battle-tested against hackers through the use of certified third parties that perform penetration testing on the BELLIN cloud.
- BELLIN Integration Services (BIS) assures complete data security through the encryption of all data transferred between BELLIN and our client’s network
Meeting international governance standards across areas as diverse as risk management, certification and auditing is a challenge for any business. Ensuring security systems are fully compliant requires a holistic and comprehensive technology-based approach.
- Clients can put in place dual approval on all administrative data changes. The so-called “four-eyes principle” requires all changes to fall under the critical gaze of another administrator before approval. This approach can easily be incorporated into businesses’ own governance processes.
- The BELLIN cloud environment has ISO 27001:2013 certification and is audited to SSAE18/ISAE 3402 (SOC 1 Type II) standards.
- BELLIN’s solutions enable the standard dual approval process to extended to a “12-eyes principle”, with the progress of the transaction recorded at every stage of approval.
- Daily limits on account activity and internal money transfers can be put in place using the tm5 software and restrictions can be placed on the total value of the transactions that a single employee can complete.
- Bulk payments can be vetted to ensure no additional changes are applied after the instruction to execute a transaction has been issued in tm5.
- Our collaboration with Accuity ensures that clients can meet their compliance requirements with all payments screened against sanctions and embargo lists.
- The BELLIN Integration Service enables the sharing of data between a combination of accounting, enterprise resource planning (ERP), market data, receivables and money market systems. This is achieved through the deployment of active file monitoring, Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) encryption, in-memory translation, and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
a convergence of the best in people, governance and technology
Our tm5 software provides a single payment infrastructure. This holistic solution enhances security, removing the need for multiple bank interfaces with separate login requirements. Our clients obtain access to a single portal that has cyclic redundancy checks (CRCs) in place. All payments have to be approved at multiple levels. A further layer of security will be available in 2018 with whitelists of all account connections classified as trustworthy.
Cyber Fraud and Treasury: How to Stay Ahead of Emerging Threats
Company-wide strategies to understand and mitigate cyber fraud risk
An increasing awareness of Internet fraud is making treasury departments deploy smart and innovative practices in their operations and risk management policies. Royston Da Costa of Ferguson Group assisted in drafting this immersive white paper titled “Cyber Fraud and Treasury: How to Stay Ahead of Emerging Threats,” which highlights how to prevent cyber fraud and the strategies on combating it.
Let’s get in touch!
Interested in learning more about our solutions? That’s great.
Because we’d like to learn more about you. So give us a shout.